LONDYN, AGE 4Ok, I have the funniest story to share. The other day, Londyn was sitting on the couch while I was doing the dishes and she says to me (almost teary eyed) with a sad voice, "Mom, I miss my real mommy. " I looked at her puzzled and said, "Londyn, I am your real mommy. " Then she says, "No your not. I miss my real mommy and daddy. I miss my real mommy, I think her name is Maria. You took me from her at Gymboree." Ok, so now I'm thinking, what has my child been watching and I probably shop at Gymboree way too much if my 4 year old to name the store. Anyway, I proceed to tell her that I am her real mommy and then she proceeds to tell me that I am not, that this "Maria" (at least she got the nationality right) is her real mom. Then she says, "I heard you say it! I heard you say that you took me from Gymboree!" Then it hits me.....a few days earlier I threw a baby shower for a friend of mine and her aunt asked me how we came up with the name Londyn. I told her the story that when I worked at Gymboree, I saw a little girl with brown hair and her name was Londyn. She was so cute that I just fell in love with the name. So, when we found out we were having a girl, we decided to name her Londyn. So, my sweet daughter heard me and seeing that she has never met another Londyn before, thought that the little girl was her and that I thought she was sooo cute I took her home with me. Oh, what children hear and understand. Needless to say, she now knows that I am her real mommy. Although if I wasn't and I saw her at Gymboree, she's so dang cute I might of just snatched her! (Kidding of coarse)
2 comments:
What darling children you have. Thanks for posting their pictures.
Priceless story! I loved it! Welcome to blog world, I am so happy to see these beautiful pictures of your family. We miss seeing you guys!!
Post a Comment