Well, as most of you know, we started the summer by adding to our family. Preston Hyrum Hupp was born on May 6th, weighing in at 8 lbs 7 oz and 20 inches long. He is so stinkin' cute and he is very happy baby.
Our little Preston.In June, we had both of our families here in town for Preston's blessing, which was allot of fun but kinda painful for me because I broke out in shingles a couple of days before, so hosting added a little more stress to the situation. Thankfully Preston did not get the virus but I had to discontinue nursing which broke my heart. Joe and I also celebrated our 6Th wedding anniversary. Joe surprised me with the other half of my wedding ring which we couldn't afford when we first got married. I feel very blessed to be married to him.
Our Wedding day in June of 2002.Six years later........our family in 2008.
In July, we headed to Kansas City for a family reunion. On the way, we stopped at Mt. Rushmore and the Corn Palace in South Dakota. We spent the Fourth of July in Independence and had loads of fun! We stayed in Missouri for two weeks and then headed home. The girls were great and Preston did the best he could. We also spent allot of the summer, going from one carnival to another. Utah seems to have allot of them. My sister and I also had a girls night and went to see 'The Police' in concert. It was awesome and it was fun to see my sister act like a thirteen year old again screaming at Sting. Although I have to say, he looked really good. It was lot of fun.
Preston dressed up for the family reunion skits. He is now nicknamed 'Panchosito'.
In August, we wanted to end the summer with a relaxing vacation so we rented a house in St. George and spent almost a week there. Joe enjoyed going golfing (the house is right on the golf coarse) and managed to not hit any houses.......just kidding, he's a great golfer! My sister Mari came with us and we had fun just hanging out and being silly. We swam allot and played allot of 'Guitar Hero' and 'Dance, Dance Revolution'. I am so extremely bad at D.D.R that my sister almost had an aneurysm laughing at me. At least I got a good workout!
Londyn pretending to be Hannah Montana at the house in St.George.
The girls and I swimming at the pool. Remember water makes things look bigger than they appear!
The view from the house in St.George.Well, that was our summer. We came home and scheduled life began. Londyn started pre-school, Joe went back to his business stuff, and I went back to nap times, lessons and the other daily mom things. I was a little overwhelmed at first but I hired a cleaning service to come twice a month and that helped allot. I know I'm a total wimp but I'm trying. All of you Super Moms out there...tell me your secret to doing it all!!!
6 comments:
There is no secret to doing it all! I think everybody is struggling, I know I do! :) I'm going to add you to my blog if that's okay.
What a fun summer! The pictures are great and I love hearing about what your family is doing.
Your blog is so cute! I found your blog through Lily - I hope you don't mind me adding you to my list! :)
How fun, what a great summer. Mt. Rushmore...cool pic!! I'm loving the mustache pic too...cute nickname!! lol
Hey Silva, it was so good to see you! I am glad to connect with you on the blog world! You have a darling family and look great yourself.
Liz
congrats on #3!! looks like you guys had a pretty fun summer. how's life with 3 kids?
Post a Comment