Monday, February 16, 2009

Being Spontaneous

WARNING: LONG POST BUT FUN & FUNNY.

For those of you who know me well, know that I am a little obsessive when it comes to being prepared for things. Example: Every night I have the kids clothes laid out for the next day, sippy cups are ready, bottles are ready, etc. So as you can imagine going on vacation is a month long project for me. Here's the story.

Last Friday I was doing my usual stuff when Joe calls & informs me that he needs to fly out to California that night for a business opportunity. I'm a little bummed but fine. A half hour later he calls me to let me know that we need to be packed because we are all going & that we will be going to Disneyland. My reaction: Excited. Panic. Excited. Panic. I took a deep breathe & off we went.

We had so much fun! It was incredible to see our children so excited about being there. It really was magical. We were able to hang out with our friends the Bennett's (Chad is Joe's business partner) so we were able to ride on some big rides. Thanks Tammy! Tammy was even a little celebrity while we were there. You'll have to see the clip below! I didn't freak out at all while we were there. Hurray! This is what this vacation has taught me. To stop stressing out! Relax, breathe & enjoy myself & my kids! Here are some photos with a little summary of details.

A special phone call for the girls. (Londyn was sleeping....had a cold)





The girls with Alice & the Mad Hatter. The girls had their autograph books full by the time we left. We took pictures of all of them but these are just some of our favorites.



We had a Princess lunch at Ariel's Grotto in California Adventure. They got to have lunch with Jasmin, Ariel, Cinderella, Aurora, & Belle. The girls were in heaven!



This was our longest line (30 min!) We went to Pixie Hollow were we met Silvermist & Tinkerbell. The girls were so star struck!


Preston attempting to remove the sword out of the stone. He tried to eat it a few seconds later. You can imagine my reaction.



The girls met Mickey several times but Londyn was excited to share this experience with her friend Bailey.



Londyn made herself at home in Goofy's house. I love this picture!



It rained while we were there. We didn't know it was going to rain so we had to gear up. Preston got soaked so we had to buy a whole new outfit. And we all know that socks alone cost 15.00 at Disneyland so you can imagine the cost of this outfit. We took lots of pictures & will have him wear it everyday so we feel somewhat okay with the price tag.



Me & the girls on the teacups. One of our favorites. My favorite: Pirates of the Caribbean -Joe: It's a small world (and Chad's favorite) -Londyn: It's a small world -Briley: Peter Pan-Preston-All of them



Here is our famous neighbor, Tammy! So funny. She is the one who shows her love for the Latinos!


6 comments:

Tammy said...

Hey you know me! I'm a rising star! I can't believe that you found that! I'm loving it. I also love the comment about it's a small world! Too good. Love it.

Linnea said...

What a fun trip for your family! Oh how I miss those days when we had season passes to Disneyland...

Andrew and Charonne- said...

that looks like so much fun! I am so like you when it comes to packing..............you should see me camping! I bought those tupperwear drawers and have 2 sets of them in our tent so we can keep everything organized, and we only ever go for 2 days!

Blair and Cindy said...

How fun! We love Disneyland! So fun for the girls! I bet they had a blast and didn't want to come home! You'll have to tell me more about it sometime.

Karen said...

We have decided to buy season passes next year for Disneyland. We are going to go at LEAST two times! You have to come with us!

Maren said...

Way fun! Looks like you guys had a good time. I was thinking that we should go to Disneyland, but I was worried about the boys being so little and not having fun.