Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My New Loft

When we first moved in this house, Joe put me in charge of decorating but we left the loft for him. My only stipulation was that there was to be no sports memorabilia (I say this b/c he wanted to put blue BYU carpeting in the loft...LOL) Joe received a projector for his birthday so we now had a vision for a theater room. However, that left us with a blank white wall. I have no talent for decorating so we hired a decorator (Dana Purcell) & a theater room expert (Dana Garrick). We framed the "screen", stuck all equipment in the water closet, put all wires in the wall, mounted the speakers & accessorized the room. Oh my Hannah!!!! This is now my favorite room. It is our only room that is completely done minus the chair that needs new upholstery. It's been fun to watch movies & play games on the "big screen". Thanks Dana P. & Dana G. for all your hard work! And a special shout out to Traci for telling me like it is when I attempted to decorate myself!

10 comments:

Cammi said...

can i live at your house? i love it!

Emily Ann said...

Ah Beck! I wish we could have played guitar hero on that when we were there...we will have to make time to do it sometime soon!! Love ya guys...hope everything is going well. (Tell the girls I love em!)

Sheila said...

Whoa! This room is so great you guys! How fun! I wish we could see your pad. Nicely done.

(thanks for the tips too Beckee, I lost 4 lbs last week, and am on my way to another great week, I HAVE to beat this girl!)

Linnea said...

I love how the picture frames of the girls are miniature versions of the big screen. Everything ties in so nicely together. Pop the popcorn; it's movie time!

Andrew and Charonne- said...

wow that is really awesome. When do I get to come play?

Nicole said...

that is AWESOME!! there's a corner of our downstairs that actually feels totally decorated and I love it!...now i just need to get through the rest of the house! haha! :) your loft looks GREAT! congrats!!

Katie said...

YOur room looks great! you must be loving it!
Thanks for the C section advice. It helps to hear those things. I am going to see you Saturday at Suzys (If you are still going that is) It will be great to see you and to catch up!

Lily said...

Cute cute!

Tammy said...

this room is totally sweet and even better that it's pretty much kid proof with no wires! Thanks for letting us enjoy it!

Kirst said...

good party palace. I quite enjoyed it