Thursday, October 8, 2015

I love you forever....

Last night, I was laying down with the kids while they were settling down for bed. They usually end up sleeping in the same room so as I laid there I cuddled close to Preston (who loves being snuggled). We were telling stories and singing, when I started the story of Robert Munsches book, "I love you forever". The kids have heard this story before but this time when I got to the part where the mom"dies" and the "little" boy goes and rocks his baby, Preston just started crying. I first thought maybe he hurt himself but he was crying because he didn't want me to die or get old. It was very sweet and it reassured me that he really does like and love me! Sometimes when you hear "I hate you' , "you're a mean mommy" and other things like that...you start to wonder! We had a sweet moment of I love you's and I promised that I would try to stop getting older if he tries to stay little also.

No comments: