Thursday, December 4, 2008

Making you laugh

OK, so obviously November's posting goal didn't work out that well. I did post an entry I started in November about Londyn (see below New Kids post) but alas I am behind. Here's a quick review of life after the NKOTB concert.

We went to our traditional 'Disney on Ice' event. The girls loved it and Preston did really well and sat through the whole thing.


Preston got his first haircut. My friend Chalene came over and did the honors. She did a great job and Preston looks so good. He did scream and didn't like the holding of the head but Chalene was super fast. Thanks Chalene...again helping the Hupp family look fabulous!



Thanksgiving was wonderful. I brined my turkey for 36 hours this year instead of 24 and did it with apple cider instead of the usual water. It was incredible. I also purchased a potato ricer this year and WOW! So good! Preston wasn't as happy with his Thanksgiving meal but he was a trooper. It was a great relaxing day.


We put up our Christmas tree. The girls loved it and they sang and danced as they decorated. Briley was in heaven because she is old enough now to put the star on top of the tree. She felt like such a big girl. The kids get a new ornament each year that symbolizes what kind if things they were into that year. This year, Londyn got a Hannah Montana, Briley got Hello Kitty, and Preston got Pixar cars (we started his "cars" collection when I was pregnant with him)


Somehow through just a few weeks, my baby grew into a little boy. I took these pictures with his baseball hat on and he looks like a little boy. So weird! Where does the time go? Can you believe he kept it on all day?

So that's it......November, well the second half of it. Now we are in December and it still feels like October to me. We need snow! Anyway, I decided that as a present to all of you I will post a funny 'You Tube' video to help you laugh during the crazy time of Christmas. Some weeks I might do more than one. Laughing makes things better and releases stress. Smiling also increases face value. So, Merry Christmas everyone.

11 comments:

Andrew and Charonne- said...

all of your kids look just like you!

Sheila said...

I can't believe how grown up Londyn looks in that tree picture...where are our babies???

Unknown said...

WOW! Preston is huge! The girls are growing up so fast. I'm so sad we aren't there to witness it. We miss you guys. (Joe, looks like you've lost weight... nice job)

Dana P said...

Okay, where do I begin?! Preston turned into a little boy overnight and he is just so stinkin' cute! I LOVED the picture with his Thanksgiving dinner - Priceless! :) And I don't even know what to say about that GORGEOUS turkey! It looks delicious! Is it bad that I don't even know what brining is? :) Great post!!

Maren said...

Your little Preston is such a cutie. Look how big he is sitting up! I can't wait to hear the story about Londyn and Conner. On the first day of preschool this year, Conner couldn't stop talking about this "new girl" in his class. I finally figured out that he was talking about Londyn.

Heidi said...

WOW...I'm so glad to see your post but most of all my stunning nieces and nephew!! They have grown so much.. I'm glad your Thanksgiving went well...you were all in our thoughts throughout the day! BTW Happy (be-lated) Birthday!!!!

Love you guys!

Gasaway Family said...

Your turkey does look wonderful, I am definitely going to be prepared next year to brine mine. I'll be coming to you with my questions. Preston does look so grown up in his hat! So cute! Daylen has always loved wearing hats.

Linnea said...

I love the picture of Preston smiling in his baseball hat. And my kids had me replay the spinach/Spanish commercial again and again. We all had a good laugh over that one! Thanks for the awesome post and happy holidays.

Tammy said...

looks like you guys had a great thanksgiving! 36 hours! what is that all about?? You're crazy! Too funny. I can't believe he left the hat on, though. I NEVER had a kid that would leave hats on. I never tried very hard, because I never felt it was worth it though! HEHE oh well.

Mardi and Jeremey said...

I love that picture of the three kids. Preston looks like he is posing. You have a little GQ Model on your hands!

Cheryl said...

Hey, do think that maybe Preston could share some of his hair with Heidi....I wouldn't even be able to cut her hair if I tried.