Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'm thankful for.....5 Boston Boys

I have a confession. Some of you may be shocked and some of you may be disgusted. However, I was in my "tween" years and back in the day it was cool. When I was in the 6Th grade I fell in love with 5 hot boys from Boston. Yes, I am talking about New Kids On The Block.

To be honest, I was obsessed with them. I think I had just about every piece of merchandise they had available, my room was covered wall to wall with posters and I even had a NKOTB scrapbook. Pathetic, I know. I got to see them in concert back in '91 and we even stayed in the hotel that they were staying in (what were our parents thinking??) I eventually grew up and moved on to bigger and better things. Never did I think that these boys would creep back into my life. This past summer my sister and I saw her "tween" crushes, The Police, in concert. It was so much fun to remember old times and to re-live our A-cup days. So, naturally when we found out NKOTB was coming to town we HAD to be there. We went last night and I have to tell you it was so much fun!
We knew it would be fun because it was just plain funny that we were even going but it really was a great show. We were really surprised. Natasha Bedingfield opened for them which was awesome! The boys came out and had all of us screaming for more by the end of the first song. We were in the second row on the side so we had a perfect view and yes, ladies, Joey McIntyre and I made eye contact and shared a smile. Had it been 15+ years ago, I would have been on him like white on rice and although I did let him know I was not "jail bait" anymore, my wedding ring stayed on. It was a great night. And so today, I am thankful for those 5 Boston boys for making this 31 year old feel 13 again. Except this time, I upgraded to a D............OK, C.

6 comments:

Linnea said...

What is your favorite song by the NKOTB?

Mike and Jana Black said...

If you and Joey made eye contact then maybe I should give you my Joey doll. His clothes are a little haggered and I'm pretty sure that he's missing a shoe, but he's still Joey!

Kirst said...

I am just so sad that I didn't get to go with you guys. Don't you fret though, I listened to the New Kids all last week to celebrate the concert. LA La La La la la la la. Didn't we girl.

Mardi and Jeremey said...

You are so funny. I remember have a few NKOTB ken dolls.

Tammy said...

You crack me up! This is AWESOME!! I love how close you were! Did you get a handshake or something? No backstage passes? J/K

Gasaway Family said...

Happy B-day today, Beckee! I meant to tell you tonight at the Relief Society dinner and I didn't get a chance to. But I hope you had a great day!