So, last night Joe's watching a football game, the girls are in the office playing with their Barbies and I'm vacuuming upstairs. I yell to the girls to start picking up because I'm going to start vacuuming downstairs. They say OK and I quickly do the dishes and head for the office to see if they had listened. Oh My Goodness!! What do my eyes see? This............
------------------You Ready?-------------
-------------------Wait for it----------------
------------Almost there-----------------
My little angels played Beauty Salon on poor, unsuspecting Barbie. May her hair rest in peace. So, this is what I am grateful for today........I'm grateful that the girls cut BARBIE'S hair and NOT their own. Hallelujah! I don't think Londyn could have handled looking like a boy.
8 comments:
Lucky, lucky. Only Abby has cut her hair, knock on wood. Just a little piece too. I'm so glad that neither of your girls recieved that hair cut that poor barbie got.
too funny!
How kind of Barbie to sacrifice her hair for your daughters' enjoyment. It is an omen of things to come, but you are fortunate to have escaped the trauma ... for now.
You had me going...I was waiting for one of your girls to need a trip to the REAL beauty salon. Thank goodness for barbies to practice on!
The above comment is from Jana, I didn't realize I wasn't logged in.
hi!! i found you through tammy! so fun to see your world.
so glad it was barbie! i was expecting one of your girls to look like barbie!
my neices had a similar experience...only they were not so lucky. the 4 year old cut the 2 year old's hair right close to the scalp, right up front. there was nothing to do to cover it up...so they shaved her head. AHH!!! the poor little thing! then the 4 year old told her little sister "you look so ugly!" little does she know she's so grateful she's not my kid. i think she would have gotten shaved too! anyway, it's all grown out...a year later...into beautiful brown ringlets. but man! that's gonna be a hard one for me if it ever happens.
ps. you guys planning on going to the reunion in april?
She sure did have fun didn't she?! I guess now you can call the Barbie "Rocker Barbie!" :)
I love it! Those are the things I miss with having boys. I still remember my own haircutting experience and how traumatic it was.
BTW, the picture of your kids at the top is absolutely adorable.
Post a Comment