After successfully completing the 31 for 21 challenge. I decided to accepted a challenge to begin a new blogging adventure. For the month of November my goal is to post an entry each day with something I am grateful for.
Today I am grateful for health. I think all of us at some time or another tend to take our health for granted. We simply go day by day doing our tasks without realizing that at any given time our ability to do things can be taken away. I like what Oprah says about people who find themselves alone or in some kind of crisis. She said something to the effects of, 'When the plane is crashing down, all of sudden everyone is asking for Jesus.' Isn't that true? I have to confess that I have been one of these people. I always ask for the Saviors help in my life but I haven't been exactly grateful for the normal routine stuff. Like your health.
Well, I have been given a wake up call and I'm now asking for Jesus. I haven't been the healthiest lately and I have been to my doctor's office more times lately than I'd like. We have been doing a few tests and we finally have a diagnosis and I'm now on a recovery plan. I now find myself at that fork in the road that many of us face. Do I say 'Thank you' and move on and somewhere across the way go back to forgetting the help I was given or do I say 'Thank you' everyday for my health and try not to take the small things for granted? Well, I'm choosing the path of counting my blessings and to say 'Thank you' everyday. I believe that the Lord gives us trials to teach us faith and obedience. After all, the kingdom of God can not be built without these principles. So, I get it!!! It's good to feel good.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You never truly appreciate what you've got until you lose it! I'm glad you are starting to feel better. It's hard enough being a mom when you feel good -- it's nearly impossible when you don't. I guess that is why moms don't get sick leave.
Well now you have to tell me what's wrong? Do you need anything from me?
I am grateful for your health too. We love you guys and want you to be happy and healthy too.
Amen sista! Its always wonderful to be reminded to have an attidute of gratitude!
I heard your party was a blast! We are so sad to have missed it. Lets do something soon!!
I love your header picture of the kids.. sooo adorable!
Post a Comment