Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm thankful for.....modern technology


Today I am grateful for......Modern Technology. What I mean by that is by all the things in my life that help make my life a little easier. Sometimes, I get caught up in complaining that I simply didn't get enough done in one day. Am I a moron or what? I was reading a friends blog and she said that she was grateful for her washer and dryer. That got me thinking. I actually get a lot done in a day. Here is what my day was like today.

--I woke up this morning, took a shower with hot water that I didn't have to boil first.

--Made the kids breakfast on a stove that took a few seconds to heat up.

--Made FHE treats in 30 min.

--Picked up Londyn from school in a heated car.

--Collected and took out trash that I didn't have to burn or take to the dump.

--Pushed a button and had two loads of dishes washed and sanitized.

--Pushed some more buttons and did 4 loads of laundry.

--Checked e-mail, balanced checkbook & did some Christmas shopping on the computer.

These are just a few things that I got done. I get to spend time with my kids and husband because I don't have to spend the whole day cleaning and making dinner. If the pioneers were able to build up Zion several times while doing everything the "hard" way...then I have no excuses. Thank goodness for modern technology!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I love reading your blog about what you are thankful for. I echo your gratitude for modern technology. I really don't know how I would ever get anything done without it.

Unknown said...

I love your thankful posts. They really help remind me of the things I take for granted so often.

We know Maren too. Her little Paxton is too cute!

Nicole said...

amen! i remember when we were first married a new father in our ward got up during testimony meeting and said how grateful he was for disposable diapers. we laughed...including him, but he was totally serious & it made me think...SO AM I!