Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween 2008

This Halloween was really fun. We had our ward Trunk or Treat on Wednesday. Joe is the Young Men's President so the we had the honor of having the YM decorate our car. They had three different holes for the kids to put their hands in. One hole had Brains (spaghetti noodles in oil), the other eyeballs (wet oiled grapes), and the last one actual candy. It was a hit and they won first place for best decorated car. Joe and I dressed in 80's attire and I even crimped my hair.....hilarious! I haven't crimped my hair since the 4Th grade. The kids wore their costumes. Hannah Montana (Londyn), Tiger Lily (Briley), and Yoda (Preston). Yoda ran into his worst enemy....Darth Vader. My friend Cindy's son, Bryce, was the dark Sith. Words were exchanged, Jedi mind tricks were used but ultimately good overcame evil.......OK, Joe is defiantly rubbing off on me. Anyway, fun night it was. OK, I'll stop.

Award winning car!
Darth & Yoda. I was trying to get out of the way but I'm too large and in charge!

We decorated our yard for trick or treaters. Joe did an awesome job! These pictures are from the during the day. At night we had a strobe light and fog machine going. We had a shrunken head that talks when you walk pass it. People got good laughs from it. Briley loves it! She is my fearless girl! I had a lot going this month so our jack-o-lantern had vinyl faces instead of carved ones this year. I know I'm a pooper but the girls still enjoyed it.
Our front yard. Spooky!
Our vinyl pumpkins.
Briley and her shrunken head.
Joe took the girls trick or treating in our neighborhood while Preston and I stayed to pass out candy. Our ward has been split three times so it was fun to see some of our friends we don't get to see as often and fun to see my old Primary kids. We feel very blessed to live in such a great neighborhood. All in all we had a great Halloween!

7 comments:

Linnea said...

Loved the pictures and the great ideas for what we can do NEXT Halloween!

SuzyO said...

How fun! I can't believe Briley is hugging that gross halloween doll! (I don't eve like to look at it!) Go Briley...she sure is fearless!

Mike and Jana Black said...

Cute! I think little yoda was so cute. And I thought your crimped hair was hot. It brought me back to my new kid days! NKOTB!

Lily said...

It was fun to see your girls and joe at my house on Halloween. The girls looked soooo cute!

Tyler Kearl said...

Joe!

I'm glad you found our blog. I've added you to our and my google reader so i'm sure to be a regular visitor to your site. Congrats on #3! We are having another boy, due Jan. 2. Ava and Christian are excited as are we. Hey, i've heard if you can have 3 you can have a dozen...(we won't be having a dozen).

tyler.kearl@gmail.com

Cammi said...

love the pumpkins!!!

Mardi and Jeremey said...

That picture of Briley and the shrunken head is a little disturbing, haha. You guys had the coolest car! Good job. It was fun to see you guys.