
So today, Briley was giving me a hard time about putting her shoes on & I was in the middle of changing a stinky diaper so I was getting a little frustrated because I had some things I needed to get done. So, after my hundredth time telling her to get her socks on, I said (talking to myself).
Me: "Uggg, I don't want to be a mommy today!"
Briley : " You don't want to be a mommy today?"
Me: " No, I don't"
Briley : Starts crying (and I mean crying!) ..."But I'm going to miss you!"
Okay, I felt terrible! I of coarse told her I didn't mean it & that I love being her mommy & that I always want to be her mommy. Some days, I am overwhelmed, sometimes I want to sleep in & do my stuff all day, but I really do love being a mom. So, I think next time I 'm feeling this way, I'll remember why I love being a mom or at least talk to more quietly to myself!
3 comments:
cute.
reminds me of hari racing around the car playing hide & seek. i hoped in the car and he panicked thinking i was leaving.
its nice to know we're loved as moms, even if we have to make our kids cry.
O so darn cute. Beck i'm learning good qualities from you and your kids all the time for my future...I appreciate it :)
it's amazing how kids will take what we say! I just love that picture of your family, it's exactly what happens at family pictures every time right?
Post a Comment